Lidar x Project Galaxy
Lidar is building a web3 intelligence platform for builders to better understand how their products and communities are performing, and make informed decisions on what to do next.
We are currently building out the Alpha version of the product, working with a small group of web3 projects to build custom dashboards / reports and answer key burning questions with data.
Based on our learnings from these early explorations, we are building a self-serve analytics tool. We’re interested in having Project Galaxy on as an early partner in this “genesis cohort”.
Link to our overview presentation below.
Example use cases for Project Galaxy
In the context of Project Galaxy, we have a few ideas on how Lidar could be useful. As we understand it, there are several core elements to the Project Galaxy ecosystem:
- Campaigns where users get some sort of reward (eg. NFT, OAT)
- Credentials that index addresses matching a set of criteria of on-chain and off-chain behaviour
- Galaxy IDs as claimable usernames for use across web3 displaying NFTs / OATs / credentials
- GAL, the native token powering different parts of these elements above
At the most basic level, we can offer ecosystem-level insights on Project Galaxy and help augment the internal metrics you are likely already tracking.
- Total campaign volume and participation, unique wallets interacting with specific campaigns and in aggregate across all of Project Galaxy’s activity
- Marketplace activity on OATs and Galaxy NFTs on various platforms like OpenSea to understand secondary market financial value generated by PG
- The growth and use of Galaxy ID in terms of connected / verified wallets, and how that compares to other products like LensFrens, Nametag, Threely, etc.
Beyond this however, we can start to think of the various archetypes of users in the ecosystem based on their on-chain and off-chain behaviour:
- “Collectors” who participate in many PG campaigns, actively use Galaxy ID, etc.
- “Traders” who have bought / sold GAL token without other interactions with the ecosystem
- “Builders” who have launched campaigns on Project Galaxy
- “Fans” who are involved and active on Discord but have limited / no product interactions
Once we map out these (or other archetypes based on your needs), we can start to deliver more insightful views on how Project Galaxy is growing and changing over time:
- How different archetypes are growing in different macro environments as the ecosystem continues to grow and develop
- Which archetypes are driving activity on-chain, and off-chain on Discord; both on an absolute basis and on a per-capita basis
- How the ratios between these archetypes compares to other web3 credentialing platforms and any other projects of interest
- Retention, churn, and cohort analyses broken down by archetype to identify where there is the greatest opportunity for improvement
If any of this - the general deck - and the examples of insights highlighted above sound interesting, we would love to chat with the relevant teams on your side. That could be operations, product, and/or the community growth teams.
In that conversation, we’d love to better understand what types of burning questions you have that we could answer with data, and take it back to see how long it would take us to get access and what we would need from you in the meantime (eg. installing our Discord bot on your server).
Typically, we like to start with 2-3 simpler questions and then iterate on a weekly basis with a project leader on your side who gives us feedback regularly in a Discord group or a standing 20-30min meeting.